It’s pancake day tomorrow and what better way to celebrate it than with deliciously sweet pancakes all stacked up. I love to make pancakes throughout the year and normally make thin pancakes with lemon and sugar, however I equally love fluffy american pancakes and wanted to share my current favourite recipe and combination: walnuts, bananas and golden syrup. This is the best fluffy american pancakes recipe that I have tried so I couldn’t not share this recipe with you, this will make 12 fluffy pancakes with added sweetness. If I could eat these everyday I definitely would, everything compliments each other perfectly and they are extremely moreish!
- 150g plain flour
- 220ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- butter or oil for frying
- 1 banana
- golden syrup
- In a large bowl beat together the egg and milk.
- Then sift the flour and baking powder in, beat until smooth and all the little lumps are gone.
- Add a little golden syrup to the mixture if you want to add a little more sweetness.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and add a small amount of either butter or oil, I personally love to use coconut oil.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter onto the pan.
- When the pancake starts to bubble turn over, then keep flipping until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with your favourite toppings, I used bananas, walnuts and golden syrup which all go amazingly together.
These are my current favourite pancakes to make and I’d love to know what your favourite toppings are too!