These Strawberry & Nutella French Toast Roll Ups are the most amazing dessert that I’ve made so far this year, they are incredible! Now I say dessert but I’ve had this for brunch a few times and I’m obsessed. This isn’t an original recipe and I originally found this on Buzzfeed but fell in love with them so much I couldn’t not share.
You don’t need many ingredients for this and all of the ingredients I already have in my house all the time so it’s great when you fancy a sweet treat as you can quickly whip it up and enjoy. When I first made them for me and Aaron he actually thought they were pancakes, so if you’re not sure what these will taste like just think of pancakes and Nutella.
You will need:
- 6 slices of white bread (remove crusts)
- Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a dish big enough to lie the roll up in.
- Sprinkle the sugar on a small plate.
- Cut the crusts off the bread then use a rolling pin to roll the bread flat.
- Spread each piece of bread with Nutella, sprinkle the strawberries along the bottom then roll up.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Roll each roll up in the egg mixture and then place in the drying pan.
- Cook for around 4 minutes turning until it’s golden brown on all sides.
- When they are cooked remove from the pan and roll in the star before serving.
After writing this post I now really want to make them again so that’s what I’ll be doing after dinner. I’ve tested a few different Buzzed Nutella recipes on my YouTube channel which you can watch below if you’re interested!