The other day I was looking through old photographs which brought back lots of happy memories, it inspired me to write a post on the little things that make me happy and brighten up my day so here are 10 little things!
1. Looking through photographs. I love how photographs can provoke so many memories and different emotions, it’s so lovely to look through them every now and them to remind you of special moments. The photo above is one of my favourites as I took it while on holiday in the Norwegian Fjords and it was the most peaceful and beautiful place I’ve ever been.
2. Flowers. It’s now Spring so flowers are starting to bloom and it’s a beautiful sight to see! You can get a bunch of daffodils for only £1 or tulips for £3 from the supermarket and it instantly makes your home look brighter and prettier.
3. Rainbows. Ever since I was little I loved rainbows, I used to think they were so magical and every time I see them now it reminds me of those times.
4. Freshly painted nails. As much as I hate how much of a chore it feels when I paint my nails as you can’t do anything while waiting for them to dry, I love how it looks and lifts my mood.
5. Tea. What I love is when I make a cup of tea, forget I’ve made it, remember a few minutes later that I have made a tea to then find out it’s at a perfect temperature!
6. The smell of baking. Whether I’ve been baking at home or I’m just passing by the bakery section in Tesco, there’s something to lovely about this scent (and eating some cupcakes of course!).
7. Disney Karaoke. Okay, so I can’t be the only one that pours their heart out singing and dancing to Disney songs can I? Surely not…
8. Binge watching a new TV show.
I am incredibly guilty of doing this, every single TV show that I fall in love with I end up binge watching. The only problem with this is that I feel lost after I have watched all the current episodes and the thought of having to wait a whole week for a new episode feels like an eternity.
9. A traffic-free drive. This is something that happened quite a a lot when I was at University in Derby but now that I’ve moved back to Oxford this is very rare as the traffic gets really bad around here. However, those times that I have a traffic-free drive it feels really good especially when all the traffic lights are on green, I almost feel like I’m controlling them somehow haha!
10. Having a bath. There’s nothing more relaxing than having a bath and using lots of Lush products. I always end up spending too long in the bath though and come out looking like a raisin.
I hope you liked this post as I thought it would be a nice idea to share with you the little things that make me happy. Let me know in the comments what things brighten up your day and make you happy too!