My little fluffy Luna has turned 3 years old and as I’m a crazy dog mum, I obviously had to bake her a dog birthday cake! It’s crazy how much my life has changed since she came into it nearly 3 years ago as a tiny ball of fluff. I always knew that having a dog would change my life, but I didn’t realise just how much and the huge positive impact it would have. She’s the most lovable and funny dog ever and I wouldn’t change anything about her, even when she steals my socks to use as a pillow in her bed. Obviously I do know that she doesn’t understand that it’s her birthday, however she gives me the BEST greeting every time I walk in the door at home and showers me with constant love and affection, I wanted to do something special and make her have a really great day.
The day was spent enjoying this banana and peanut butter birthday cake, followed by playing in the park with all her doggy friends and having cuddles all evening on the sofa. This cake was easy to bake to if you want to treat your furry friend to a delicious treat, I’ve included the recipe so you can bake this too.
Dog Birthday Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Peanut Butter Icing Ingredients
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease or line a cake tin.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and mix, one at a time.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Fold the flour and baking powder to the rest of the mixture.
- Pour the cake mixture into a baking tin and cook for around 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked leave to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Whilst the cake is cooling you can make the icing together the greek yoghurt and peanut butter. Leave this in the fridge until the cake is cooled.
- Once the cake it ready you can spread the icing on the top and decorate with your dogs favourite treats.
Luna loved licking off all the icing before making a start on the cake which she quickly finished (not all of it, just the slice she had). If you dog loves peanut butter too then they will love this dog birthday cake! Are you a crazy dog parent like me?!