Happy Pancake Day! There’s no better way to celebrate pancake day than with a delicious stack of fluffy american pancakes. This morning I had blueberry and honeycomb pancakes for breakfast, they were so delicious and light I couldn’t not share the recipe with you as it’s currently my favourite combination (after thin lemon and sugar pancakes that is).
This will make 12 fluffy american pancakes and the addition of the blueberries within the mixture adds extra sweetness and flavour. Also just a little tip, put some kitchen roll on top of the already cooked pancakes to help keep them warm whilst you finish cooking the rest!
- 200g self-raising flour
- 300ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Butter for frying
- 150g blueberries (you can use either frozen or fresh)
- Honeycomb (my favourite is the one from Hilltop Honey)
- Whisk together the egg and the milk.
- Make a ‘hole’ in the middle and add the baking powder and self-raising flour, whisk together until smooth and there are no more lumps.
- Slowly stir in over half of the blueberries into the mixture.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and add a small amount of butter.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter onto the pan, just remember that the pancake will rise as it cooks.
- Turn over the pancake when it starts to bubble, then pop onto a plate once done.
- When you have finished cooking all the pancakes top with honeycomb, blueberries and drizzle with honey.
Now all that’s left to do is enjoy the delicious Blueberry & Honeycomb Pancakes! What are your favourite topping at the moment? My go-to are always thin lemon and sugar pancakes which I’m going to have after dinner for dessert, however I do love to change it up with this fluffy blueberry variation.