Easter is one of my favourite times of the year for many reasons, the main one being that we have a big family meal similar to a Christmas dinner. We always have a delicious turkey roast with trifle and lots of other amazing desserts afterwards, it’s a tradition and we always get together and enjoy a really fun-filled evening. Another thing that I love about Easter is all the chocolate eggs in the shops, there is something so much more enjoyable about eating an egg in comparison to a bar of chocolate! Now Cadbury Creme Eggs are my boyfriends favourite ever chocolate so as a treat every year I make us some Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies. Over the years I’ve changed the recipe slightly and now have the most delicious prefect recipe which beats any other year, so I just had to share it with you!
You will need:
190g milk chocolate
85g plain flour
6 cadbury creme eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tin with parchment paper. Using a glass bowl sitting on a saucepan of hot water gently melt the butter and sugar together.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl then add the sugar and continue whisking until the texture is similar to a mousse. At this point it should have doubled in volume and be pale. Then combine this with the melted chocolate and butter.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder, gently fold the mixture together.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Cut the creme eggs in half ready for when it comes out.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and push the creme egg halves evenly spaced into the brownies. Bake for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
- Finally remove from the oven and allow to completely cool before cutting into slices.
Let me know what your favourite things about Easter are and if you love Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies!