I absolutely love pancakes and have them throughout the year, however I always make a few extra for Pancake Day as a treat! My favourite type of pancakes are lemon and sugar, I could eat so many of them as they’re so moreish but I also love them with Nutella and banana. This year I thought I would go for something different, the majority of the time I make crepe pancakes however I recently made fluffy pancakes which you can stack as high as you like with yoghurt and strawberries. This is the best fluffy american pancakes recipe that I have tried so I couldn’t not share this recipe with you, this will make 12 fluffy pancakes.
- 150g plain flour
- 220ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- butter or oil for frying
- In a large bowl beat together the egg and milk.
- Then sift the flour and baking powder in, beat until smooth and all the little lumps are gone.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and add a small amount of either butter or oil, I personally love to use coconut oil.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter onto the pan.
- When the pancake starts to bubble turn over, then keep flipping until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with your favourite toppings, I used yoghurt and strawberries.
Optional: in-between each layer of pancake add a filling, I used yoghurt.
Now you can enjoy your pancakes, please excuse me whilst I go make some more and see how many I can stack!